Image Map

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Getting Focused

When it feels like your life is unraveling around you it is really difficult to focus on the day to day life activities that we take for granted. They are simple tasks until the wind is taken out of your sails. Those simple tasks become trival and hard to focus on. Your main goal is just to make it through each day without falling apart and showing Jack as much love as possible. 


Since our separation my mind has been all over the place. I go from depressed, to "I can do this", to I'm making the best of the situation, and back to depressed. Right now I'm trying to get focused on our future. Even if that means making a list of simple tasks to do each day. 

I literally feel like if I sat down and wrote out my to do list I could fill out two pages and spend an hour doing it. Last night I couldn't sleep as everything whirled in my mind that needed to be done. The time has come for decisions to be made and progress to be made. 

My first goal is to sit down and make that to do list. I need to get all of this out of my mind and onto paper. I need two lists-one for work and one for me. Once the lists are made then I need to number them by priority and rewrite them in order of importance. Then I need to start making daily to do lists and get my butt into gear. This single mama has gotta get it together regardless of how much I'm hurting.

On a sidenote, I want to express my love, thanks, and appreciaiton to my blogging friends who have reached out to me. Your love, support, and prayers have given me more strength than I can express. 

2 comments :

  1. Lists are a great way to get focused and get through when you're nlt sure which way to move next! Still sending thoughts and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't posted many comments but want you to know that I have been praying for you.

    ReplyDelete