Image Map

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Summer Mornings

Jack wakes up with the energy of 10 little boys. My goal each day is to wake up before he does because I have to try and get ahead of him. When I go in his room he is always jumping up and down and running from one end to the other. I do love how happy he is when he wakes up. 

After I get him out of his bed and change his diaper, it is time for breakfast. He loves sausage so I bought a package of pre-cooked and all I have to do is heat it up. With that I add toast, a biscuit, French toast sticks, pancakes, or muffins. Of course, he has to have his milk and sometimes I make that chocolate. 

After he makes a huge mess (he does with every single meal), I clean him up and set him loose. If Charlie is on the couch he always heads right towards him. He loves Charlie but Charlie is scared to death of him. Jack loves to try lay his head on Charlie. I love that he does that because that is something he got from me. I will lay my head in Jack's lap sometimes while he plays with my hair and watches tv. I can't seem to keep Jack from pulling Charlie's tail. 





Next, we do some type of educational activity. His favorite right now is letter magnets on a cookie sheet. I usually can keep his attention for about 20 minutes before he is ready to destroy his bedroom. I let him play on his own while I clean up his breakfast mess and eat something myself. 

Jack will usually stay in his room and play. I join him for some free play after I get a few things done. He is really into blocks right now. We will then watch some Super Why which I believe is a great cartoon that teaches children. 

Around 11 am it is nap time! 

I am enjoying these slow summer mornings of baby hugs, kisses, and messes.

1 comment :

  1. Who's got the power, the power to read. Who looks into books for the answers we need. SuperWhy, SuperWhy. He's the guy, he's Super Why!

    I have never watched it before, can you tell? :-) E used to love SuperWhy and still watches it sometimes. He was SuperE for Halloween last year and had a SuperWhy birthday party this year. It was so cute! I've got the cake decorations that you can't buy anymore if you want them for Jack's 2nd birthday... ;-)

    ReplyDelete