Image Map

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Why I Started a Blog



Well see I kind of did the get married and have a baby within 5 months of each other thing. The baby wasn’t so much planned. The wedding was though. Many people think I got married because I got pregnant but that is not the case. The church had been booked. Deposits had been made. Then the two pink lines appeared. Was it the plan? Nope! Sure wasn’t! I had planned on walking down the aisle slightly hammered. I hate being the center of attention and I knew Jose would help me. Instead I remember every blessed eye on me (I shake even thinking about it now).

Okay back to why I started a blog. Basically my life was doing a 180 so quickly and I needed a place to go to figure it all out. Yes, I could have just done it on paper but I type so much faster. The thought of anyone following my blog didn’t even cross my mind. I just wanted to make a virtual scrapbook of my very changing life. I was becoming a wife and mother and hanging up my dancing shoes and storing my shot glasses up high (you know in the shelf that no one ever uses).
I started following other blogs because I needed to learn how to be a wife and mother. During those miserable non-sleeping months I stayed up late reading blogs learning what I needed to register for and what to expect. Baby books are great but when you are reading it first hand and with pictures it just looks more legit.

Here I am a year and a half later and still at it. It is probably the one hobby that I’ve ever stuck with this long. It is so enjoyable looking back and seeing what life was like a year ago. To see how far we have made it. How much we have endured. It makes me proud.

I’m still learning how to be the best wife and mother I can be. Some days are more challenging than others like when Jack decides he no longer needs sleep. There are really great days where I’m on top of everything and my family is happy. Those are the best days.

No comments :

Post a Comment