Image Map

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Maxed Out: American Moms On The Brink


Lately I've been struggling with trying to balance working, the house, family and friends, my marriage, and most important caring for Jack. It pains me that I have to send Jack to daycare. I want to spend my days with him but it just isn't possible for us. 

I hit a point where I was feeling so inadequate that everything was a struggle. I decided to look on Amazon for a self-help book. I'm a huge advocate for good self-help books. I ran across Maxed Out: American Moms on the Brink. It received wonderful reviews so I decided to buy it. 

So far I have read 60% of it and I have to say I love it! The book is set up like a memoir. At the end of each chapter Katrina gives you facts that deal with that particular chapter. It is startling some of the things I have learned. 

After reading this book I think it is ridiculous that American women are not given at least 6 weeks of pain maternity leave. 

If you are a stressed out mother do yourself a favor and read this book. 

3 comments :

  1. The United States has the worst maternity leave policy IN THE WORLD. Even places like Somalia and Afghanistan are better. It's very very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard somewhere that Canadian moms get a full year of paid maternity leave. The US focuses too much on money and labor than it does on more important things like family.

    ReplyDelete