Image Map

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Jack Does NOT Take Me Seriously

Moms I need your help. My 16 month old just laughs at me when I tell him no, stop, or don't. He thinks it is the funniest thing. I even use my teacher voice and face. I thought maybe that is what he thought was so funny so I used my regular voice. Nope! Totally didn't work. He just laughs.

Jeremy is the only one he really takes serious. If I'm going to be the main parent he is around then I am going to have to do something or things are going to get out of hand. 

My wish would be that he would just be a perfect angel and I would never have to get onto him but he is my kid. Yesterday he was messing with the plug-ins and I kept telling him no but that didn't work. I finally just had to physically move him. He went right back. His dad got made him stop so he just went right to a chest we have in the living room and started climbing on it. He knows he isn't suppose to climb on it. As he is doing it he is looking at me with a huge grin on his face. 

What am I going to do?

Here is just a taste of what I'm dealing with. 


2 comments :

  1. Violet was and is he same way. I find just being consistent. So for plugs I would physically remove her since it's a safety issue. For other things I find ignoring her works best as my child hates to not be paid attention too. Time puts did not work when v was that young, she thought they were fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly think it's the age. C does the exact same thing. She loves to stand up on furniture and we always sternly tell her to sit down. She just smiles and us. Sometimes, she'll even tell us to sit down! They'll grow out of it eventually.

    ReplyDelete