Image Map

Monday, March 31, 2014

Intentional Knowledge

This past Tuesday I posted on my goal of wanting to be more intentional. You can read all about it here. One of my most difficult issues was exactly understanding what it means to be intentional. I started doing some research in hopes of expanding my knowledge. 

Thankfully I landed on the website Intentional Living which equipped me with some of the knowledge I've been needing. 

She defined intention as knowing why you do what you do and why you don't do what you don't do. Wrap your mind around that one! Talk about some deep thinking. Not only deep thinking, but a lot of thinking.

She went on to say that in order to be intentional one must do the following:
1. Think through decisions
2. Consider consequences
3. Make decisions with eyes wide open
4. Evaluate as needed

Reading through the site I wrote down some other important notes that I want to share with you:
*Do the things that are important to you even when they are not easy.
*Define your values and make choices that reflect those values.
*Be able to see the things that other people are doing, appreciate them, and then pick and choose the ones that are the best fit for your family.

You can read more on her website at lifeyourway.net.

My take away: I am going to write down all the things in my life that need changing. Beside each item I am going to write down why I do the thing that is making my life more difficult. My goal is to focus on these categories:
*Marriage
*Motherhood
*Career
*Family
*Personal
*Friends
*Home

1 comment :

  1. I love how genuinely committed you are to your "being intentional" goal. And that's a pretty great website you found...gonna have to spend some time navigating through it! Keep us posted on this journey...I really enjoy following along!

    ReplyDelete