Image Map

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Yuck Feeling

We've all been there. As soon as you open your eyes you are in a piss poor mood for really no good reason at all. This was me yesterday. I had no reason to be so ugh feeling but I felt that way. I tried to give myself a pep talk. "Come on Ashley, you can decide to make this a good day". I really tried but I couldn't shake it. I was feeling so angry with myself for not being able to just get over it. Aunt Flo wasn't even visiting so I had no excuse. Maybe it was post-Christmas slump. 

I had toys to organize, dishes to wash, a toddler to keep out of stuff, grocery shopping to do, and yada yada. I wanted to be super mom and do all those things and more with a smile on my face but I kept failing. I kept wishing I had a babysitter so I could just go back to bed and try again. Maybe it was Christmas exhaustion catching up with me. 

Finally I surrendered to the feeling and decided to just do things that I knew would make me laugh. I went to Jack's room and we played like toddler friends in the floor making a mess. I never got motivated to do much more than that but hey I'm allowed to have a yucky day once in awhile. I didn't like it but I survived it. 

Today I feel better (even though Jack didn't sleep well so I am exhausted). My slump day was over! Jack and I (Jeremy is working this weekend) are going to my parent's house for a small Christmas dinner since my brother and his girlfriend are down visiting. I have lots to do today since I barely did anything yesterday. Thankfully I'm feeling more energized and ready to tackle all those things on my Any Do app. 

Come back on Monday to read my 14 goals for 2014.

1 comment :

  1. Whenever I feel like this I try to surrender to how I just feel too without trying to make myself perk up and somehow once the pressure has gone my mood lifts anyway. Weird that!

    ReplyDelete