Image Map

Monday, December 16, 2013

Santa Picture Fail

Saturday morning we headed an hour north to see Santa. My mom, sister, and nephew Bennett were meeting us there. Jack isn't too keen on strangers so I was a little worried about how he would do with Santa but I REALLY thought he would just look curiously at him. We all just knew Bennett (2 1/2) was going to have a meltdown and go nowhere near him. We let Bennett go first. I put him down and he jumped onto that sleigh like he and Santa were old friends. He gave him a high-five. He climbed all over him. We had to bride him with giving him the cellphone to get him off of Santa. It was seriously cute!

Jack's turn. I handed Jack to Santa and the crying started. The freak out started. I screamed "snap the picture" because I had to save my baby but I was not leaving without a picture with Santa.



It is the cutest most saddest picture ever. It makes me smile yet breaks my heart all at the same time. I really feel bad for that Santa. All those screaming kids all day!

Here is last year's picture with Santa:


Oh the difference a year has made! The Santa above is what I call Ugly Santa. He is really bad looking and was back at the Greenville Mall so we went somewhere else this year. The Santa we saw Saturday was really skinny. He needed to eat more milk and cookies. His belly did not jiggle like a bowl full of jelly. He did have a good face for pictures so I was happy with that. 

While at the mall we picked up Bennett and Jack matching Christmas pajamas to wear Christmas Eve. We went ahead and let Jack wear his tonight because I want to get some use out of the them. We also bought Jack a pair of shoes. We looked at many stores before we finally found a pair that we liked. We wanted ones that were easy to put on, something he could wear now yet still could grow into a little, and something that was neutral. He has the best pair of Nike's right now but they have this neon green check mark on the side which doesn't go with everything. His Toms (which I paid $5 from a girl at work) are really hard to put on when he is wearing socks. Anywhooo we finally found a pair at Dillards. They cost 50 freaking dollars but we found some we both agreed were perfect. Neither of us have bought ourselves shoes that cost that much in a long time. We were just both so tired of looking that we paid the money. Now at least I know the right size so now I can do some online bargain shopping. 

Well that pretty much sums up our weekend!

One week of school and then a two week vacation!!!!

2 comments :

  1. Aww, poor guy! We all have to have that bad Santa photo though right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The difference between last year and this year is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete