Image Map

Friday, December 27, 2013

My Husband Said It Best

We are two vaginas. Except that vaginas are awesome but I knew what he meant and what he meant was right on point. One of Jeremy's coworkers bought a bunch of Trans-Siberian Orchestra tickets and gave them out as Christmas gifts. How awesome is that? I've always wanted to go and we rarely get a date night so we were both super pumped. 

We drove two hours to get to the Macaroni Grill, where we were all meeting up, through horrible traffic in the pouring rain. The food, drink, and conversation was wonderful. It was great just talking to adults and laughing about something other than the newest cute thing that Jack was doing. They put my wine in a juice glass but this is not grape juice. #grownupdrink



Here is a couple selfie while at the restaurant. We had gotten a little wet but nothing too bad yet.


Parking was bad. Like really bad. We should have gotten to the concert way earlier. By the time we found a parking spot both of us were frustrated. It was raining so badly and my umbrella only covers one and even then it didn't cover that well. The water was deep also. By the time we made it inside we were drenched. Head. to. Toe. Drenched. 


Here is a picture of us drenched. Everyone in the place looked soaked except for the lady dressed to the nines beside me. The seats are ubber close together and it took all I could to keep my soaking wet shirt off of her. We were freezing in our wet clothes and shoes. 

The show was cool though. Cool lights. Awesome music. Not what I expected. It really didn't put me in the Christmas spirit because I knew none of the songs. I thought it was going to be more like a bunch of Christmas songs I know with fun lights. It was more like a play. I'm glad we went because it was a great experience and it was fun hanging with my husband. 

About an hour and a half into the show I was ready to go. I missed being at home. I wasn't looking forward to the long drive home. I didn't want to deal with all the traffic of the people leaving. I just wanted to be home in my pjs. As I was thinking all of this Jeremy turned to me and said "I'm ready to go when you are". When we make it to the car he says "I wish we were home already". We talked about how we are just home-bodies now. That is when he referred to us as vaginas. We want to be with each other and Jack just doing nothing. That is our idea of fun. Oh how times have changed! 

Are you a fun time gal or a homebody?



4 comments :

  1. My husband LOVES TSO! I personally cannot stand those shows. I call it System of a Down meets Classical Music. I much prefer the classical music. We all went in grad school as a class fun activity (there were only six of us) and I just laughed the whole time because it was so ridiculous to me. I don't blame you for wanting to leave in the middle of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and my boyfriend are in our 20's, but we love to stay home, maybe bring some friends over, or just us two watching a movie... I guess we are vaginas too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a homebody. Marc just mentioned one of his friends wants to do something on New Years.....no thanks lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention that we are total homebodies. We've always been that way for the most part though.

    ReplyDelete