Image Map

Friday, November 8, 2013

Jack's Birthday

I knew I didn't want to have an actual birthday party for Jack. Those things can get out of hand financially and creatively. I wanted to keep things simple. Surround him with family and have no time crunch. I wanted him to be able to play and eat on his own terms. 

We started our day with a card from me with an Elmo that sings Happy Birthday. We played with it for awhile. While he drank his bottle I read him Happy Birthday to You by Dr. Seuss. We got ready for our day. I bought him a special 1 shirt for the big day. We then went to the local donut shop and shared a donut.

After work we headed to my parents for pizza and cake. Ms. Brenda is a lady in my hometown who makes the most delicious cakes in the world. Like they are so freaking good. Jack loves Thomas the Train so this was fitting. 



Jack got a whole lot of presents even though we didn't throw a party. We haven't been able to open them all but I already know he is going to love them all. This picture is really bad quality but man it is hard to get a picture of a constantly moving target. OT-see my mom's God-awful ugly couch-most comfortable thing ever. She really needs to get it recovered. Just saying.


Then it was time for cake. The pictures say it all. He had a bath right after. He was acting so silly after that cake. The sugar really hyped him up. He has never had that much sugar at one time. The most he has ever had is a few bites of something. Always just a taste. 




Jack is now quietly tucked into bed. Hopefully at a year old he will sleep through the night. A mama can only hope. 

Saturday we have smash cake pictures. I can't wait to see how they turn out. I have a feeling he isn't going to wear his birthday hat though which is going to hurt my heart. I hope to get some wonderful first birthday pictures of my sweet little man. 


4 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday to your big boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your little boy. I can't believe he is already a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, where does the time go??? Happy birthday to Jack!! So glad y'all had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Jack! Looks like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete