Image Map

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Proud of me

Make Yourself Proud (pattimurphydesigns.com)

When was the last time you stopped to say "I'm proud of me". If you are anything like me it has been too long or even never. No one knows our internal struggles more than ourselves so why shouldn't we be the ones to toot our own horns. You know what you have overcome to get where you are today and it should be you to acknowledge it. 

We are always berating ourselves for what we didn't do but what about those things we have overcame? It's time to give ourselves some praise. 

I wanted to take the time to share with you some things that make myself proud this week. Even if it seems small it was probably big for me depending on what was going on in that moment.

1. I'm proud that I did a really great job at work last week. I rocked it and someone even bragged on me. It felt wonderful to get a little recognition. 

2. I'm proud that I cooked my husband his favorite meal for dinner Monday night even though I hate it. I was a sweet wife and I'm proud of me for not putting my wants first.

3. I'm proud of myself for buying myself a new pair of $15 shoes. I rarely buy myself anything and I need to do this more often.

4. I'm proud of myself for letting me take a day to spend time with a great friend.

5. I'm proud of myself for not making a snarky remark to my husband. I literally bit my tongue and now I'm not even mad about what he said. I really need to remember to do this more often.

6. I'm proud that I've kept a piece of gossip to myself.

Feel free to share your proud moments because I would love to hear them. Being proud of yourself is a good thing and we need to be that way more often. 

4 comments :

  1. I'm proud of myself for not completely freaking out this week because it's been incredibly stressful with my husband's 30th birthday, our wedding anniversary and my daughter's first birthday and her party all in one week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO great. You're so right. I need to be more porous of myself. I am very proud of myself for still trucking on with school and taking fabulous care of Travis despite everything that's going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! It's the little things in life! I need to take the time to be proud of myself also! I'm proud that I'm still breastfeeding my little one, and that I did up date my makeup collection, after having the same for a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list! I like that your prompting your self-confidence, it's important for all of us to do that sometimes!

    Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete