Image Map

Friday, August 30, 2013

Wife to Wife Link-Up

What are some things/topics that you do not see eye to eye on?
Do you have a compromise or just forget about them?


 The biggest thing that we don't see eye to eye on is Jack's sleeping or lack of sleeping. Being that J is a man and he has a son he wants him to be tough and not so clingy to mama. Well at bedtime that is all our little man wants. Of course, it gets hard being the one he always wants and has to have but I also love it that I'm the one he wants. 

My husband thinks, and I might add strongly thinks, we should do cry it out. I , Mama Bear, does not. I hate the idea of him crying. I hate the idea of him being sad before he goes to sleep. I hate the idea that he wasn't happily rocked and sung to before he was put to bed. 

How do we resolve this? Mostly I win. I can go in there and rock him to sleep faster than he will stop crying. I want a happy well rested baby. There have been times that we have done a modified CIO. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The thing that has done the best is rocking him to sleep. When it doesn't work that is when my husband starts spouting about letting him cry. Since the doctor backed him up he thinks he has all the backing he needs to make it happen. Usually, if he persists, I will say I'll give it 10 minutes and then I'm going in. It pacifies daddy and gives mama an out to run in there. 

I know everyone who is all about CIO are screaming at their computer for me to do it but I just can't. I've read the benefits but I'm just not ready to go there yet. 

2 comments :

  1. Tell him that one day soon Jack will idolize him and want nothing to do with Mommy so you are soaking it up while you can!

    On a more serious note though, there have been recent studies released that show CIO is not good for babies. We co-sleep part of the night still with E and have now started with C because we do not do CIO. While it definitely sucks at times, I wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to do what you feel comfortable with! My hubby and I disagree on the pacifier...if he needs it to fall asleep, I think it's okay for just a little longer (It will definitely be gone by age 2) but hubby doesn't give it to him at all and will allow him to CIO.

    ReplyDelete