Image Map

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What I Learned From Lohan's Interview

Last night I settled in to watch Oprah's interview with Lindsay Lohan. I had just gotten off the phone with my BFF Jessica. We had discussed Lohan a little as I told her what I was about to watch. Honestly I was thinking this crazy girl is just some rich B who has had too many chances and is doing this interview for even more publicity. I watched it to criticize it. Ouch!


Even if it is Lindsay Lohan, I shouldn't be waiting, watching, and hoping for her to fail. I should be cheering for her. She is a person like me and I wouldn't want someone waiting for me to fail. I really gave this some thought once the realization hit me. I literally was laying in bed with a grin just waiting for her to sound like an idiot. I'm that person and I don't like it. 

I don't want to want my loved ones to fail but there have been situations where I have wanted them to fail and that's sad. I just never realized it. For example, we have all had that girlfriend who went back to that bad boyfriend. You say don't do it but she doesn't listen. You wait and watch for it to fail so you can be right. You aren't sitting up at night praying for it to work or for her to find the truth in who he is. What you do is wait for it to go wrong and then enjoy your "yeah I was right" strut. 

I love being right but I should love people being happy more. I'm going to challenge myself not to cheer for failure but to cheer for success for everyone, including Lindsay Lohan.

1 comment :

  1. I'm like this with my sister-in-law. She's very different than I and I feel like I am always waiting for her to fail at something...I really should work on this.

    Out of curiousity, how was the interview?

    ReplyDelete