Image Map

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Practice Makes Habit Link-Up

I've given my goals A LOT of thought. My overall goal for this link-up is to get into the habit of no longer quitting. I want to be a finisher! If I did all the things (even half) I planned to do as I'm going to sleep each night I would feel great. The next day always looks very promising. I want to stop planning on what I will do tomorrow and start rejoicing in what I've done that day.

                                                     


So here are my goals:

1. Drink 64 oz of water a day.
I've dehydrated numerous times because although I don't really drink sodas often, I don't drink much at all. Water has so many benefits and I'm ready to make water a part of my daily schedule. I've purchased a water bottle that holds 64 oz. I want to fill it up each night and drink it during the day.

2. Use my pedometer every day, track my steps, and increase my steps every day while aiming for 10,000 steps.
I've used a pedometer sporadically in years past and one thing I know is that when I have it on I move more. There is just something about seeing those numbers go up. The recommended number of steps is 10,000 but I know I shouldn't make that my goal from the start. 

3. Do dishes every night before I go to bed (excluding bottles because I sterilize them once we reach about 5 bottles).
Who hates waking up to dishes? Me! Me! Me! It can ruin my mood just seeing that dreaded task before me. Who wants to start their morning like that? No me. Not anymore. 

4. Make our bed every morning.
When your bed is made it just makes the room look clean. When it is unmade the room feels very uninviting. I want to walk into our bedroom and feel peaceful. 

5. Make a to-do list before bed every night. I spend a lot of time before bed thinking about what I need to do the next day. It is such a burden trying to come up with and then store what I need to do. Instead writing it down may help me let it go so I can sleep. 

I really hope that after 21 days of practice that these goals will become habit. These are good habits for me to have.


6 comments :

  1. Do we need to have five goals, or is it just however many we want?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, I'm doing four. :) My post is going up tomorrow because I'm always late, but I went ahead and linked it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently started CrossFit and am loving the changes! New goal, new habit, new body! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    Thank you for hopping on board The Great Blog Train!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the concept behind this linkup! And thanks for commenting on my blog so I could follow you back over. I'm following along through bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea for a link up!

    ReplyDelete