Image Map

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Yummy Spring Popcorn

The other day while at Walmart I found Crunch 'n Munch on sale for 50 cents so I went ahead and picked up 2 boxes and then came home to decide what I would do with it. I ran across this blog post for Easter Candy Popcorn and went to work.

I took the Crunch 'n Munch and poured it on my big platter.



Take 1/2 stick of butter, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, and 1/2 bag of marshmallows and melt together.



In the middle of the melting process this little fellow woke up and was throwing himself a fit because he wanted a bottle. I made a bottle one handed while still stirring and I did a big no no.


This was the only time I had ever done this. I really didn't want my mixture to burn.


I poured the melted mixture on top and lightly tossed and threw on some pink and white candies. 


Once dried a little I balled them up and put in cupcake liners and stuck a spring pick in each one.
This worked out great for when I put plastic wrap on top to take to Jack's daycare. 

Super easy and yummy and it makes a great little treat. 
The original recipe called for regular popcorn but this worked out really great because peanuts were already in there to give them a little hint of salt.
Sweet & Salty...can't go wrong with that! 




4 comments :

  1. Looks yummy, going to have to try this out. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really yummy!

    A big no no? LOL. I did that all the time by the time Violet was about 4 months. She hated it when I would hold her bottle. She would try to do it and we would both get frustrated. LOL

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like sweet and salty too. It's usually hard to decide which one, so why not both? :)

    I'm visiting today from Raising Imperfection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm ... this looks good!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete