Image Map

Monday, March 25, 2013

Lemon Meringue Krispy Treats

I went to the store with the intention of making Easter rice kripy treats. I came home and made Easter rice kripy treats but with a twist. The twist came when I found these-


My whole thought was rice krispies are the bomb, why not use lemon meringue marshmallows for a nice spring flavor?

So you just make rice krispy treats as usual but use the lemon meringue marshmallows (they also have key lime ones as well).




So here are the krispy treats made as usual.

I then used cookie cutters to cut out flowers and butterflies and then dipped them in white chocolate and decorated.







These are very poorly decorated. I don't have the skills people. 
So now to the taste.
I hated them. My husband loved them.
They were a LOT more lemony than I would have thought.
If you love lemon flavors then you are the person for these treats.

1 comment :

  1. Hmmm...what if you did half lemon, half regular to cut the lemon flavor a bit?

    ReplyDelete