Image Map

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Gotta Make This Super Quck

Although it is only 9:30 pm, I gotta make this quick because Jack is actually asleep. Now he could wake up any moment and my plans of sleeping could be ruined but I'm holding on to hope that he might make it a couple of hours before I have to force myself awake to care for his needs. 

My little man started daycare on Monday and so far I'm pleased. Not delighted. Not over the moon. Just pleased. I would much rather take care of him my own damn self but when you gotta work, you gotta work. I'm still holding out hope of winning the lottery but since I don't buy tickets that often I doubt I will see a windfall any time soon. 

The daycare was wonderful enough to work some kids around to fit Jack in. When my mom broke her leg AND her knee she was out of the babysitting business. To show my gratitude and to hopefully butter them up to cushion that Jack is extra taken care of I made them fudge. Any person who is taking care of a child, let along a whole bunches, needs fudge. I found this recipe over at Artsy Fartsy Mama I knew I wanted to make it because it was super easy. 3 ingredients easy!

You take a bag of chocolate chips, a bag of the Andes mint chips, and a can of sweetened condensed milk and you bake microwave.
Melt your chocolates for 3 minutes, mix, add in the milk, pour, and refrigerate. Not a bad deal.
To give them a Patty's Day feel my husband added a little green.
My husband is no decorator but it was cute that he
wanted to help.
Well ladies this lady is out and headed to bed for as long as my little fussy butt will allow. 

2 comments :

  1. Yum! I want chocolate now. I am so glad daycare is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The only downside is that Jack got his first cold. I can't guarantee it is daycare related but still...ugh!

      Delete